Community Contest: Prophets of Aelion
Aelion Day is coming up soon and with it return the prophecies! Many of you previously enjoyed unraveling these foretellings, following clues, and completing tasks. This year, we wanted to see if you hold the gift of prophecy—create yours and explain the conditions for fulfilling it, and maybe soon all of Aelion will be trying to solve it!
For a prophecy to hold true power, it must follow some rules. First of all, it must be a rhyming couplet (two short lines). Going off these rules, the full prophecy would be:
Among the trees embraced in light
Immortals died in their last fight
As you can see, there are clues in this prediction. An Immortal (an enemy… or yourself) must die in a place where trees emanate light. Sounds pretty magical to me—must be the Hostile Territories!
Of course, future-telling is serious business and the most interesting prophecies will earn a prize:
- 1st place: 20,000 Argents
- 2nd place: 15,000 Argents
- 3rd place: 10,000 Argents.
There will also be participation prizes up for grabs. Just for participating, you could win Premium time or Gold Prize Packs!
RULES & CONDITIONS
- Submit a rhyming couplet containing clues to complete a task like the above example
- Describe the terms of your prophecy (which task players will carry out)
- Submit your prophecy using this form before 21:59 CET (12:59 p.m.) on March 10
- No more than three entries per player
- Do not tell other players about your idea in case it appears in the game
- Entries should not violate the Game Rules, Community Rules, or User Agreement
- Entries may be subject to localisation and/or alteration.
Works will be judged on originality and creativity. They should resemble a riddle but don’t make them impossible—other Immortals should be able to figure them out!